12 Feb Overcoming the Top Five Reasons for not Purchasing a Storm Shelter
Here are the top five reasons why families in don’t have tornado shelters —
After violent storms have destroyed homes and business in every state in the USA, one would think more families would have invested in storm shelters for their safety. Each year as communities and new home developments take over more and more of what was rural land, tornadoes seem to be much more frequent in these ever increasing populated areas. It may not be because there are more tornadoes but because there are more homes where there once were few. With an average of over 1000 confirmed tornados per year, it is only a matter of time that an outbreak will impact the lives of hundreds of families.
Over the years we have talked with many families who survived a violent tornado. Many of these families regretted not taking proactive steps prior to the event and wished they had done things different. Most would tell you that they will get a storm shelter before the next storm strikes. Here are the reasons we have found that many families in tornado alley don’t invest into a storm shelter.
- I don’t have the cash. The good news is that storm shelters can be financed just like any household appliance, car or new watch at your local bank or credit union. The monthly payment for a storm shelter is affordable for most families with out giving up much more than a few espressos.
- It’s a risk we are willing to take. Unlike a fender bender in your car or your truck, tornadoes can cause both physical and mental injuries to one, or all, family members. The risk of riding out a severe or violent storm where the family is unprotected can have a life long impact to your family. Families who know that they have a shelter where they are confident of their safety can mitigate the risk of both physical and mental trauma to their family.
- We can run from it. Even though many storms can be predicted in advance, tornadoes on the other hand can happen sometimes without notice. Driving into severe weather is never a good idea because you don’t know what may be obscured from heavy rains. When kids are in the car when families drive into severe weather they can even be more traumatized than staying in the house.
- I don’t know how to buy one that fits our needs. There are really two choices to begin to narrow down what you need. If you live in the city and have close neighbors, an underground shelter is probably not for you. A garage-mounted shelter might be a better purchase as your safe place for your family to go. On the other hand, if you have land and want your shelter away from the house you can have one underground that will accommodate your family’s needs. We recommend you purchase a steel, shelter that has an engineering certificate, certifying that it will withstand EF-5 tornado winds and meet or exceed FEMA compliance for storm shelters.
- We want one, but we never have gotten around to it. It has never been a better time to buy a Storm Warriors Shelter for your family. Because we are a manufacturer, we can offer great pricing and installation services no matter where you live. With our financing and cash pricing your family can have the peace of mind whenever a storm develops in your area. We are committed to keeping families safe from every storm®. Give us a call today and we will help you find a way to get a Storm Warriors Shelter into your home. www.stormwarriorshelters.com